Monday, November 24, 2008

Couscous Chicken Salad


This is the recipe Matt made me for my birthday. Allen and Devee loved it and Michael asked for the recipe, so I figured I might as well post it. I LOVE this recipe. It's one of my faves!

1 cup couscous (we used garlic and herb flavored)
2 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
2 tsp olive oil
2 Tbs. lime juice, divided
1 1/2 tsp. paprika, divided
1 clove garlic, minced (we just used garlic powder)
1 lb. chicken breast meat - cubed
1/2 green pepper
1/2 red pepper
1/2 yellow pepper
1/2 onion

Prepare couscous according to package directions, using 2 cups chicken broth for liquid. In large skillet, combine 1/2 cup chicken broth, olive oil, 1 Tbl. lime juice, 1 tsp paprika, garlic, and onion. Mix together and add chicken. Simmer over medium heat until all liquid has evaporated. Add peppers and cook until peppers are soft. Add final paprika and lime. Mix. Mix couscous with chicken mixture and serve.

2 comments:

Devee said...

this was yuuuuuuuuuuummmmyy....

Dani said...

I made this (with a few alterations) and it was delicious!! Great recommendation.