Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pumpkin Pumpkin Pumpkin!!


Seriously, is there anything better than pumpkin in the fall? I really don't think so. I got this great recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip bread from my friend Kristen. I give you two warnings about this bread:

1) It makes quite a bit. I think that I made 4 small loaves.
2) You may be tempted to eat all four loaves. It's that good.

Now that you've been warned, here it is -

3 C Sugar
1 C Oil
4 Eggs
3 1/3 C Flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2/3 C Water
15 oz can pumpkin (I used 1/2 of a 29 oz can)
chocolate chips (as many as desired - I used a whole bag of milk chocolate chips)

1 - Grease bread pans
2 - Beat sugar and oil in large bowl. Add eggs.
3 - In another bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
4 - Alternately add flour and water to sugar mixture, beating on low.
5 - Beat in pumpkin.
6 - Mix in chocolate chips.
7 - Bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes.
8 - Cool 10 minutes, remove from pans, and continue to let cool.
9 - Wrap and store overnight before slicing.

No comments: