Wednesday, October 29, 2008

BBQ Ranch Chicken Pizza


I have a great recipe for pizza crust. I got it from my friend Marissa at my bridal shower (thanks, Dani, for asking people to bring recipes!). It is quick and easy.

1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon sugar
1 package of yeast
2 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
optional: Italian seasoning

In a bowl dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water. When yeast has completely dissolved add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Knead for 5 minutes (if it's too sticky knead in more flour). Heat oven to 200 degrees, then turn it off. Place dough (still in the bowl) in the oven and cover with a cloth. Let rise 20 minutes. Roll out for pizza crust/bread sticks. Poke bottom of the crust with a fork. Bake at 450 degrees for 7-10 minutes. Remove from oven. Add toppings and bake another 7-10 minutes.

For bread sticks - cut dough with a sharp knife and brush with melted butter, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.

Now usually we make just a simple pizza, but the other day, with the help of my friend Sara's recipes and some modifications of my own, I made a BBQ ranch chicken pizza. It was delicious, if I do say so myself. :)

Once the pizza has baked for the initial 7-10 minutes, pour desired amounts of BBQ sauce and ranch dressing on the pizza. Spread evenly and make sure they are mixed well. Add desired amount of Mozzarella cheese. I cooked two chicken breasts on a George Foreman grill. I added a little bit of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and lemon juice (too keep it moist); however you can also cube the chicken and cook with a little bit of olive oil on the skillet. While that's cooking, I chop up one green pepper and half an onion (red would be divine, but we didn't have any so we used yellow and it worked great). Cook the veggies in a skillet with a little olive oil until slightly soft. Top the cheese with cubed chicken, onions, and green peppers. Bake the remaining time and you're done!

No comments: