Thursday, October 1, 2009

Baby Shower Cakes

This is the cake I made (with a lot of help from Christine) for Emma Walker's baby shower. It's a triple chocolate cake; chocolate buttercream frosting on the bottom layer, vanilla frosting on the top. Marshmellow foundant covering the whole cake and embellishments made out of dyed foundant.
Minutes before taking this picture, Mark (my bro) made the SURPRISE call telling us he was engaged! Wahoo!

Christine (my mentor!) and I made this cake for our friend Katie's baby shower. Christine made the duck family out of gum paste. I frosted it and made the bubbles. Together we made the "barrel" out of wafer cookies. So cute!




After making 2 cakes in 2 consecutive Friday nights, plus crochetting 2 blankets in during those weeks, I told Michael I reached my creative limit!
I really love making cakes though. And crochetting. Just not all at once.

2 comments:

Pierce and Stacy said...

WOW! That's amazing. I love the cake and I wish I could have tasted it too. I've always wanted to learn how to make fondant cakes.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Danielle! Those cakes are awesome! That is definitely something to be proud of! Mine would look NOTHING like that. haha Miss you girl